Hooray for another great signing class! I’m really enjoying creating more extension activities this time around–it’s not what we accomplish during our one hour of class together, but what you, the parent, are inspired to do the other 98 hours of awake time!
Signing Time video: Baby Signing Time, Volume 1
Main book: Brown Bear, Brown Bear
(affiliate links used for your convenience)
Toys with unlimited access:
* Green bristle blocks
* Color tub: GREEN (several fun “open-ended” toys in here!)
* Mirror blocks (Sparkbox)–after being away in storage for two weeks, these are VERY popular!
* Pet-themed books, family books and nursery rhymes
* Lacing buttons (GREEN) and shoelace
* Ice cream set from IKEA and pom poms
* Magnetic characters from the book and oil pan
* Dog and cat animal counters + muffin tin and tongs
Our older daughter wrapped up her Kindergarten year on Friday, but we’re still keeping up with the learning during the summer! I thought it would be fun to show you some of the activities I’ve come up with for her to work on this week.
* Brown Bear animal counting game with unifix cubes (FREE on Teachers Pay Teachers)
* Handwriting pages and ASL color words
Other awesome Brown Bear printables: Literacy Unit from Jackie Higgins ($)
1. Heart-counting with Brown Bear picture cards (available in a HUGE packet on Teachers Pay Teachers)
2. Pets “Place & Trace” puzzle–we’ll use to stamp playdough and make patterns
3. Heads & tails puzzles (found here on 1plus1plus1equals1.com)
4. Brown Bear velcro matching book