We are back from vacation and feeling refreshed! I am determined to enjoy this summer with the girls, despite the heat. They are getting really great at playing together without needing my constant attention–I honestly think that we’ve hit our rhythm with our toy rotation system!
Signing class theme: Friends and Feelings
Main book: Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
(affiliate links used for your convenience)
Toys with unlimited access:
* IKEA train set
* Color tub: PURPLE (several fun “open-ended” toys in here!)
* Purple dress-up clothes
* Lincoln Logs
* Farm animals and blue/yellow trucks
Since we still have lots of our farm toys out and visited Uncle Joe’s farm last week, we’re using this week to review farm animals while we practice using our nice words. Next time we do this theme, I think we’ll focus on FROGS (since Toad saves the day in Little Blue Truck).
1. Farm Peekaboo puzzle (with animal names written on pieces for extra literacy)
2. Farm and friendship books
3. Animal 2-piece puzzles (Kate’s working on letter sounds, so we’ll see if she shows interest in these.)
4. Foam ABC hearts
5. Pony beads & pipe cleaners