It’s July in Texas, which means we aren’t leaving the air-conditioned house for any location other than the pool…and even then we wait until after 6:00 p.m. when the entire pool is shaded. We’re spending a lot of time inside, so I’m pulling out all the tricks to keep everyone happy and entertained.
Signing class theme: Outside
Main book: Summer Days and Nights by Wong Herbert Yee
(affiliate links used for your convenience)
Toys with unlimited access:
We also have a nature sensory bin with pinecones, sea shells, tree bark, and more.
Here’s my Tot School: Outside Pinterest board–
1. B is for Bugs playdough mat (perfect for rolling out snakes)
2. Flower count & clip cards (Kate is showing an interest in writing, so we’ll use a dry-erase marker with this activity.)
3. Very Hungry Caterpillar color matching (Sometimes we use pom poms and tongs to make this a fine motor activity.)
4. Ladybug clipping activity with mini-clothespins
5. Activity page from a Target Dollar Spot workbook
6. “L is for leaf” lacing card