If you’ve been reading here for any length of time, you’ve probably figured out that Dollar Tree is one of my favorite stores. I find our neighborhood store to be well-stocked and well-staffed! And there’s a certain adrenaline rush that comes from seeing how far you can stretch a few dollars…
I have picked up a few educational activities from the Dollar Spot at Target this month, but it’s more fun when you can figure out a great learning activity from something completely random like a folding vase and designer hydrating beads!
Here’s what I ended up purchasing:
- Folding vase and designer hydrating beads from the floral department
- Alphabet beads (for my 1st grader)
- Book rings–turn flashcards into mini-books
- Jumbo checkers–color sorting, pouring, stacking
- Scissor-handle tongs–these are really big for little hands, but they’ll be a good introduction to the open-shut movement
- More green “baskets”–perfect for holding small manipulatives or puzzle pieces
Winner of the month: WATER BEADS (“designer hydrating beads”)
Watching the water beads grow and shrink has been a fantastic learning experience for both girls. See more ideas for water bead fun at The Artful Parent!